![]() |
| I was contemplating even putting a picture of these horrid things up because it scares me even to look at them but I feel it was necessary to understand the gravity of the situation |
The answer is no. No they do not. And I certainly wouldn't invite them into my bedroom. But yet they are consistently finding their way there. By the masses. And by masses I mean there have been 4 in there..... today. As in, 4 wasps in my bedroom in one day. And in terms of wasps, I feel as though that exceeds the limit of flying arthropods that can be allowed in ANY home in one day.
Ok, I'm mildly freaking out because if any of you really know me you know that I am absolutely terrified of all things bees,wasps,hornets, etc. I'm not even sure that terrified is the correct term. Do you know what these things do to my blood pressure? Let me paint you a quick picture. I used to lay out in my backyard when it was a nice day and if I so much as spotted a bee flying past me I would scream bloody murder. Not on purpose! I couldn't even help it! I swear those things can smell fear. And my poor dad would come running as fast as he could to the backyard thinking that someone was cutting off one of my limbs only to realize that I'm screaming about a bee pollinating a flower 10 feet away. It sounds ridiculous and I know it's ridiculous but I physically cannot help myself from freaking out.
Anyway, that having been said you can only imagine how I react when I hear that notoriously awful buzzing near our window and I see wasps inside my apartment.
Let the panic attack ensue.
Thankfully Chris was home (otherwise I would have locked myself in my bathroom for the 5 hours that he was at work) so we busted out the wasp and hornet killer that distinctly says "do not spray inside" but what the heck else are we supposed to do when there are wasps (notice the plural) in my bedroom? I consider this an emergency. I swell up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloon when I get bit by an ant or a mosquito so I can only imagine what would happen to me if one of these demonic creatures got ahold of my flesh.... hence, the wasp and hornet killer being sprayed inside. And not to be morbid or anything but I just get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I watch one of those things die. I just think to myself "haha, sucker, that's what you get when you come in my bedroom. Be sure to tell your friends. Oh wait, you can't. You're dead."
We called the front desk to have them immediately come kill these suckers but the problem comes from the caulking in the window which is letting these devil insects into my room. I'll be marching myself right into that office at 8am tomorrow morning.
In the meantime, I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. These house guests have officially outstayed their welcome. Wish me luck.

I think their friends have a nest inside Evans truck! He has had to pull off the side of university parkway at least three times this summer to fight off a wasp that was somehow swarming around his head while he was driving! I sure wish I could have witnessed that. Imagine what the other drivers were thinking when they looked over and he's alone in the car swatting like a crazy. Ha.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds intense. Even more intense than the large opossum I saw skulking around the courtyard below our balcony. Even more intense than that.
ReplyDeleteOkay, your story and now Kam's story has me laughing out loud! HA! You poor thing! I can imagine that is a nightmare, but I LOVE that you're keeping us updating on such things in your life because I MISS you both too much!! Keep blogging!
ReplyDelete