Cheyenne and Chris

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Blah day but hippos make up for it

Do you ever just have one of those days that the only word to describe the way you feel is just blah? Well, today was that day. I was feeling all sorry for myself for stupid reasons and just kept feeling like I was going to be on the verge of tears, again for probably no good reason, and just overall wasn't having a happy day. But then I decided I needed to stop loathing in self-pity just because I'm a poor newlywed who can no longer afford to buy cute shoes and clothes (I mean, since when does J.Crew not accommodate the newlywed budget? aka free), I can't find a job and recently blew an awesome job opportunity (let me just tell you what a confidence booster that was), it's scorching hot outside so I can't go for jogs and my apartment stays at a constant 79 degrees despite our best efforts (high of 110 and low of 87--that's a low?). I need to count my blessings because I have sooooo many in my life! I have a wonderful husband, an incredible family (including in-laws), I live in one of the best countries in the world and I belong to the church that I believe in. I need to remember how truly blessed I am in my life. Sure, sometimes we're going to have a bad day and it's ok to feel sorry for ourselves for a few minutes but then we need to pick ourselves up and count our blessings. 

One thing that made me really happy today was getting new recipes from my Aunt Ruth. I can't wait to try them out. Another thing that made me happy was that I got to work on a new craft project for my friends' bridal shower on Monday. 

This picture is another thing that made me happy today and I hope it makes you happy too :)
But, really how can such cuteness exist? If anyone knows where to purchase baby hippos, please let a sister know

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! BABY HIPPOS!! Girl, I miss you! BOTH OF YOU! I've been in those crappy days lately too and it's rough and then I think, "how's about I get my white trash going and start thinking about other people for once." It works. :) I sure hope you and Chris find some good friends and are enjoying your life there! LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you love you love you!!!! and now i feel like a slacker friend...we will go on a date soon i promise and i loved seeing your gorgeous face last night! also...try ebay for the jcrew. i just bought a pair of shorts :)

    ReplyDelete