Cheyenne and Chris

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Moving is a Nightmare


So most of you know that Chris and I are re-locating to Dallas next week (insert tear here). 

But if you don't know that. Welp, ya do now.
We are moving back to Texas to go to the University of Texas at Arlington. Chris will be doing their Business Program while I FINALLY finish my degree in Biology (who says getting an undergraduate degree can't take you 6 years?)

All this having been said, let's resort back to the title of my blog post: Moving is a Nightmare


Why is it a nightmare, you ask? Well, because I hate clutter. With a passion. Loathe it. And what happens when you move? Everything turns into one giant clutter pile. So each morning when I wake up I have a mini panic attack while looking at my house. Ask me how many times I have stubbed my toe on random boxes/bags just trying to get to the bathroom? I'll tell you. A total of 5 times and counting.

Here is a picture of our house right now.

Granted, most of our decorations are already in boxes and maybe this doesn't look all that bad to you, but trust me when your house is 500 square feet and you have nowhere to go. It's miserable

Now, here is a picture of our bedroom

And this was AFTER cleaning up the room as much as possible
Oh, you noticed that our bed and couch are covered in stuff? And you want to know how we sleep? 

Like this. On the floor of our room. using a towel as a blanket. Real tender, huh?




1. I don't know how to rotate my pictures on here. Sorry. I'm technologically illiterate
2. We are pretending to be asleep in this picture but I'm trying not to laugh
3. Ok, so you can't exactly see that we are on the floor or the brown towel that is being used as a blanket, but it's all there

Anyway, moving quite a process. Even though we don't have a whole lot of stuff, it's a pain to have to lovingly wrap all of our knick-knacks in bubble wrap and tissue paper. And don't forget having to be frequent shoppers at Lowe's every day to get more tape and boxes. 

I'm sad to leave our amazing friends that we have made here in Utah, but we're very excited to make our way back to the Lonestar State. So bring on the 104 degree weather (yep, I looked up the exact weather forecast in Dallas), BBQ, Rangers games and especially my beloved Whataburger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment