Cheyenne and Chris

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

OK. Let's Talk: We are back in the Lonestar State!!!!

I have been MIA for the past few weeks because it has been such a crazy move! Where do I start? Well, the day that we packed everything up into the moving truck I woke up feeling like straight up death. I was soooo sick so I was totally useless to the world and especially to Chris because he, Zander, Todd moved everything into the van while my sweet parents packed things up. Me? I was lifeless on the couch. After being asked if I was pregnant more times than I care to share that day, by the afternoon I thought I was feeling better. False. By 9pm I felt even worse than earlier. So I went to bed with the hopes that I wouldn't wake up and begin our 22 hour drive feeling as bad as I did. Not the case. I woke up and was queezy and uncomfortable but decided I could make the drive in the car. If any of you have made a roadtrip while being sick you know the misery I was in. Apparently I had some 72 hour bug so this continued every single day until we got to Texas. Awesome.

luckily you can't really see my death look but you CAN see our moving set up....

However, it wasn't ALL horrible because the first night we got to stay at my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Bob's house in Silverthorne, Colorado. Their house is on the side of a mountain has the best view in the entire world. I love going to their house because it's beautiful and my aunt literally makes the best food of your life. Not that I could enjoy the filet mignon, sweet corn and grilled veggies that she made for us. Instead I was barely able to choke down some toast.

Here is the view from Aunt Ruth and Uncle Bob's house that I love so much


Anyway, we finally got to Texas after 3 days in the car! Right when we got here we began our search for an apartment in a non-ghetto area. It took a couple of days but we did manage to find a good place! And don't worry, it's not a matchbox sized house like our last one :) We move in on Monday after they finish replacing the carpet. I intend to do a little painting tomorrow before we move our stuff in. I'll post pictures asap.

Since we've been in Tejas we have:
  • reunited with Chad and Sarah (huzzah)
  • Eaten HEB salsa with probably each and every meal
  • Gone to a Rangers game
  • Had a lake day with the Spitzers which made me realize that mama Spitzer is truly my favorite of them all
  • gone to Whataburger (which is the single most glorious fast-food place in Texas) If I didn't care about being a fatty I would eat there every day
There is a lot to get done this week so I'll take lots of pictures of our new casa so anyone who cares can have a look :)
Reunited with Sarahhhh

I took more pictures with Sarah than with my own husband

Rangers Stadium

 









Don't worry that I still can't figure out how to rotate pictures




4 comments:

  1. oh! :( We miss you guys so much!!! I am happy you're having so much fun and have found a place to live!! I hope you are feeling better because I know how miserable that is! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i can say is that i'm soooo jealous. i want to move to dallas BADLY. i'm hoping i can talk mike into it within the next couple decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed out on filet mignon, sad times! Glad you are feeling better:-) Texas is fun! I haven't been in forever though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It seemed like you had a big move! My husband is a native Texan and would LOVE for me to agree to move there :)

    www.kirstenjoywilson.com

    ReplyDelete