Ok. Let's Talk: My fears of scuba diving have officially been subsided.
I WENT SCUBA DIVING AND DIDN'T HAVE A PANIC ATTACK.
Well, that's a little bit of a lie. I thought I was going to cry right before we jumped into the water the very first time and my thoughts consisted of "what was I thinking" "I hate this" "What compelled me to pay to jump out into the middle of the ocean" "Chris, I hate you for encouraging me to do this". Then, our dive master (who didn't even have her own dive computer... real safe) went straight down without really waiting for me so I kind of panicked for a split second. But then once I was under water I was 100% at ease.... that is, after being on the boat in really rocky water and making us all sea-sick we were definitely ready to get in the water.
The first day we went diving in Cancun and we just went on a 2 tank dive and went down about 50 feet. It was really cool because we saw an eel that was pretty big, a sting ray and a TON of fish and coral.
The second day is when we went on an all day excursion to Cozumel (which has some of the best diving in the world). Let me just say: It was AMAZING. The first dive we went down 110 feet and swam along a giant reef wall. One side of the reef wall was about 90 feet and the other side was just a dark abyss going thousands of feet down. I chose not to look over that way too much to avoid said panic attack. But we saw:
a shark
![]() |
| kind of hard to see, but it's about an 8 foot shark |
TWO sea turtles
![]() |
| So cute |
a barracuda and, again, a ton of fish and coral. On our second dive, we only went about 50 feet down and you could see straight down to the bottom from the boat, that's how clear the water was! This was my favorite dive because it was so easy and laid back that it felt like I was diving in an aquarium. We saw a
crab
seahorses
![]() |
| We even saw a pregnant one. HA! Take that ya pregnant man-horse |
anenomes, a lionfish and of course a plethora of fish.
Anyway, the moral of the story is that scuba diving was probably the coolest thing I have ever done. Considering I went from absolutely terrified of being in the ocean past my ankles to going 110 feet under the ocean... I'd say that's really saying something!
More posts to come about our Mexico trip.








I LOVE THIS! I knew you'd love it because it is AMAZING! Thank you, Uncle John for making us all get into this! Can't wait to see all your posts (and you in real life).
ReplyDelete