Cheyenne and Chris

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Does 23 mean I won't be mistaken for a 16-year old?

Ok. Let's Talk: Birthdays

So. Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. Happy birthday to me! For a long time, my nerdy birthday tradition that I always chose was to go to the Museum of Natural History and go see an IMAX (bc I secretly love educational movies/tv... yea, I'm lame cool) but this year we weren't able to squeeze it into the day but we're going to go soon! This was my first birthday without spending it with my parents but they were in Hawaii and celebrated by eating Key Lime cheesecake and even put a candle in it in my honor :)

After my mom called me to wish me a happy birthday for the 1st of about 4 times, I began to think that maybe I should give her a gift on my birthday too considering she worked pretty hard to get me here in the first place. It took 9 months of puking, wobbling and being generally uncomfortable then another 12 hours of labor to get me here. Good work, mom. Thanks for your efforts of getting me here in the first place. Maybe I'll hook you up next year :)

Overall, it was a really great day for many reasons.

Reason #1: This is my first birthday that I got to spend with Chris since last year he decided that he was going to sail off into the Mediterranean without me. (I would have done the same, oh wait I did. I ditched him on the 4th of July to cruise around Ireland so I guess we're even) But he was super sweet all day and made the day ALL about me and just made it really special





The Big 2-3



Reason #2: I got to watch all the trashy reality tv I wanted while Chris went to work for a few hours

Reason #3: I got a kindle from my family which is something I've been wanting for a long time along with an awesome vintage "spoon" bracelet and a really cool new dress that my brothers picked out for me!!

Reason #4: Chris put together a really fun birthday party at my work and we watched the NBA game on the projector screen and ate tacos and played walleyball

Some of my wonderful friends


Reason #5: Kamille made a glorious butterscotch pie. I endulged. a lot.

Kamille and I with the glorious pie


Reason #6: Some of my sweet friends like Jenna and Mike, Rebeca and Zander and Sarah and Taya even brought me gifts even though they totally didn't have to!! (Thanks again guys!!!)
My Twin in life


Reason #7: I got calls from everyone in my family, each of my in-laws and a ton of friends and it just really made me feel loved. I also had like 123478948907 (give or take a few) people wish me happy birthday on facebook

Reason #8: I went to the temple by myself for the first time and actually really enjoyed it.



Thank you to everyone for the Birthday wishes, calls, cards and gifts it really meant a lot :)

Here's to hoping that at age 23 I won't get mistaken for a 16 year old on a regular basis

No comments:

Post a Comment