Cheyenne and Chris

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What Makes You Happy?

As I enjoyed a little procrastination the other day (i.e. reading other people's blogs and marveling at how witty and entertaining they are) I read this blog post by a blogger that I totally creep on (Chris' words, not mine) and it inspired me.

Have you seen/heard about this Happy documentary?

I watched it at least 4 times and I can't wait to watch the whole thing.

Happiness is a fickle thing ya know. Everyone finds happiness in different things. Everyone feels happiness differently. Some people may take it for granted. Some people may feel it more than others.  So I got to thinking about all of the things that make me happy. There are the obvious answers like my husband, my family, my friends, dogs, church, etc. But then I started recognizing all of the seemingly small and specific things that make me happy. Like, being awake for a sunrise. Driving with my windows down. Riding in the car with the perfect music to fit my mood. Good conversations at the dinner table. Going home and getting big, hearty hugs from my parents. Morning kisses from my mister. Feeling productive. Skylines. Exploring our city with Chris and friends. Text messages from friends. Being on the beach, any beach. Being on an airplane right when the sun begins to set while listening to a little Nick Drake (specific, I know, but that has always been one of my favorite things).

And, honestly the list could go on. I challenge you, in the next few days, to really stop and take the time to notice what kinds of things make you happy and to make a mental note of them and write them down so that when you aren't feeling as happy, you can refer back to them and get happy.

So this begs the question....

What makes YOU happy?


3 comments:

  1. Love the blog post! I must watch that documentary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! such a good thing to think about when life hands you a lemon or two. many of the simple things you listed make me happy too! what is it about driving with the windows down that is SO NICE?!

    ReplyDelete