Usually on 9/11 I write a blog post about how incredibly grateful I am for the opportunity to live in this country and how grateful I am for our military for protecting us. This year, I just can't find the words. I just can't. I just keep tearing up and can't type a coherent thought that accurately describes my feelings. However, these quotes really do put it in perspective though and I hope that we all remember and honor this day in history.
“If
we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short
and there is no time for hate.” - Sandy Dahl, wife of Flight 93 pilot
Jason Dahl
"The head of a company survived 9/11 because
his son started kindergarten. Another fellow was alive because it was
his turn to bring donuts. One woman was late because her alarm clock
didn’t go off in time. One was late because of being stuck on the NJ
Turnpike because of an auto accident. One of them missed his bus. One
spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change. One’s car
wouldn’t start. One couldn’t get a taxi.
The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that
morning, took the various means to get to work but before he got there,
he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a
Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.. Now when I am stuck in
traffic, miss an elevator, turn back to answer a ringing telephone… All
the little things that annoy me, I think to myself.. this is exactly
where I’m meant to be at this very moment."
Terrorist
attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they
cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but
they cannot dent the steel of American resolve -George W. Bush
No comments:
Post a Comment