Cheyenne and Chris

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quotes do a soul good

 I came across this quote from President Gordon B. Hinkley and I can't tell you how much I needed to hear this today and probably every day for the rest of time.

"It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

This quote, and many of President Hinckley's quotes in general, really keeps things in perspective, which is something I typically need on a daily basis. I need to keep an eternal perspective. I often get so wound up in the things and happenings of today or next week or next month that I forget about what's important in the grand scheme of things.
The issues in my life are surely different than the issues in your life, but this quote is one that can apply to all of us.... It all works out. Put your trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment