Do I start with the dead lady in the apartment below us who had, so kindly, been stinking up our apartment for 4 days before anyone figured out what it was?
Ah, yes. That's where I'll begin the randomness of events that has been the past few days.
It all began a few days ago when I came home and thought that the funky smell in our apartment was perhaps some of the raw chicken juice in the trash from the evening before. No biggie, Chris can take out the trash....Nope that wasn't it.
So I figured maybe some raw chicken bits were sitting stagnant in the garbage disposal. Pull out one of the lemon plunkers and drop it in the disposal and turn it on. Lovely lemon scent disperses while funky smell ensues.... Nope that wasn't it.
So I decide that maybe the fridge could use a good clean..... Nope that wasn't it either.
I mop the floor, vaccuum the carpet, clean the countertops and sink as much as humanly possible (I have a near empty bottle of lysol to prove it) and yet every time I came home our apartment just had a funky smell to it, and "funky" is really the only word I can use to describe it.
Finally Chris suggested that it could potentially be some sort of dead creature in the A/C vent, so we gear up to call maintenance at some point in the very near future because I was fairly sure I was starting to go crazy with the lysol, candles, room spray, antibacterial spray, and anything else that had any kind of scent to mask the one of rotting body.
Welp, while in class today I get a lovely text from Chris saying just this: "the smell that you've been smelling is the dead lady below us. not kidding"
I'm sorry, what?! Dead body? Is this a joke?
a) You mean to tell me that the stench that has been consuming our living quarters has been decomposing body? Ya know, the place where we sleep and eat has decomposing body particles all up in it? That is no Yankee candle scent, let me tell you.
b) We had NO idea that anyone was even living below us! We know pretty much everyone who lives around us but we honestly thought the apartment below us was vacant because we've never seen anyone come in our out of that door!
c) This poor little lady has been dead for at least 5+ days and no one checked up on her? Now that's sad.
So here is the photo that Chris snapped so we can remember this ridiculously sick/hilarious/creepy memory forever. Because this one is for the story books I'd say.
![]() |
| Don't worry, there isn't an actual body in this stretcher at this point. That would just be morbid |

ok that is so random, sad, creepy, etc. so many adjectives can describe that story! I feel bad for that lady!
ReplyDeletehahahaha...oh dear. This is definitely one for the books
ReplyDeleteThis probably makes me a bad person, but your last sentence made me crack up!
ReplyDeletewow. i have no words for this...
ReplyDeleteahhhhh!!! hahaha that is the best/WORST thing i have ever read. I can't believe nobody KNEW she was dead!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Cheyenne! Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Head over to my page to check out the details :)
ReplyDeletehttp://jennaandcalder.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/one-lovely-blog-nomination/
This is my big belly laugh for the day! Loved your story and came across your blog on Wood and Rope. Congratulations on your nomination :)
ReplyDelete