Cheyenne and Chris

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday. Mostly just awkward though

My very first awkward and awesome thursday post! I've got to admit, I have more on my awkward list than my awesome one. That's just the kind of week I've had, people.

Awkward:
- Having an ankle (or the lack thereof) the size of a softball from a bug bite. I'm super allergic to all insect bites and this one didn't disappoint! I have a mega kankle. It's not cute. Hence, why I decided against posting a picture

-Oh you mean you don't pass out when you go to the temple in front of a bunch of 80 year olds? Well, turns out I do. I can never show my face at the Dallas temple again. so. mortifying.

-Surviving my first Dallas tornado that terrorized Arlington last week. See footage of it here . Luckily Chris and I were both on campus when the sirens went off so we booked it to the basement. Our second floor apartment just wasn't going to cut it. 

-Asking a question in genetics and your professor calling you out basically calling you an idiot for not understanding. Thanks for that!

- Being that I've never suffered from allergies before, I was sniffing (the gross kind of sniffing that everyone HATES) all through class today. Yeah, I was that girl. I was embarrassed.

-Accidentally mistaking one of my study group members of being Indian. Don't worry, he's from Somalia. I felt like a jerk, I didn't even get the right continent.

-A friend from church asking me to hold her 1 year old baby during sunday school only to have her scream her head off the entire time and everyone looking at me like a) I was going to be a terrible future mom or b) wondering if I had stolen that child given how much she was screaming . That baby had a demon in it, I swear.


Awesome:
-My new awesome Coach bag that was on mega-sale. I'm not kidding. MEGA SALE. It's not even fair. They didn't give me a choice. I cashed in all of my Valentine's Day/Birthday chips for this purse. When I look at it, Stevie Wonder's "Isn't she Lovely" automatically turns on in my head.

-The marvelous date day (an entire day) that Chris and I had on Friday. We rarely get to spend an entire day together start to finish. So this was quite the treat. We went to the temple, then went to the outlets in Allen and topped it off with dinner at Grand Lux in the Galleria. That red velvet cake was worth every single one of the 34587902349587 calories that were probably in it.

-Call me a fatty but the new dill, sea salt and olive oil Triscuits are certainly going to be a pantry staple from now until forever.

-My sweet cousin-in-law announcing their pregnancy! So excited to get ready to have a little baby around (and by around, I mean in Utah, but we'll take what we can get) :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Pray we get sent to Arizona. That's a lot closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, i love awkward and awesomes. and trust me, my life is mostly awkward too! ha
    and a tornado sounds so scary!!! so glad we don't get those in WA!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete