Cheyenne and Chris

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Joys of College Professors

Disclaimer: I don't hate foreign people or foreign accents. In fact, I love them. Except when it screws me over. So how did I get so unlucky as to have every.last.professor with a crazy thick foreign accent?

So. Started school on Tuesday. Here's the deal:

Genetics: well hello, French professor who I can barely understand. If I wanted to learn Genetics in French, I would have studied abroad.
Cell Physiology: oh cool, professor straight outta Warsaw,Poland-- I don't need to understand what you're saying in your lectures to learn more than I EVER wanted to about cells.Also, I'm so very glad that you're powerpoints aren't online either. Thanks!
Plant Science: (yes, apparently I need a class devoted to plants to graduate. shoot me. If I don't become a Master Gardener by default after this class I'm going to be severely disappointed) Everything you say sounds like you are speaking Portuguese. however, out of all of my teachers, you are the easiest to understand.
Animal Physiology: oh good. I have Sebastian from "The Little Mermaid" as my professor. Glad you escaped Jamaica to come teach me about animals, however: I.don't.know.what.you.are.saying.

This is going to turn out to be a peachy semester, trying to teach myself this information since I can only understand about every 3rd word of what my professors are saying.

Good times in college. December can't come soon enough.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Sebastian! Really? I could not stop laughing if he were my professor! I had a hard enough time with my Economics professor who was from some where in Central America and would say "MMMMHMMM" after every sentence! I could mimic him quite well after a few classes though.

    ReplyDelete