Cheyenne and Chris

Friday, February 17, 2012

Dumbest of the Smart Kids

Let's just start by me apologizing for the ugliness that is my current blog. I decided to change the colors and templates and what have you but then I lost interest that fast (insert the sound of a snap here) and haven't gotten around to fixing it. So, until then, please deal with my ugly blog.

Anyway, today I shall describe to you what it's like to be the dumbest of the smart kids. Let me start by telling you that I have always been considered a decently smart cookie. I mean, I did well on my ACT and then from there I had a legit GPA throughout college. Besides my generals that everyone takes their freshman and sophomore year, I was always in science classes because, well, I was always a science major in one form or another (as in, I have majored in Nutrition, Nursing and now Biology... I'm well rounded here folks) I made great grades in Nursing school so, maybe a bit pridefully, I always felt like I could hang with the smart kids ya know?

My, how things change.

Finishing my degree in Biology means that I am now inundated with the future doctors of America in all my classes. This also means that I compete with these future doctors for grades. oh dear. I'm no doctor. I don't even plan on going to Med School. I don't ace Animal Physiology tests. In fact,  I make 10 points below the average on said Animal Physiology tests. cool. real cool. do you like how I act all nonchalant about it but, if we're going to be real honest here, I shed a few tears about that test. I'm now able to kind of laugh about it (after needing my husband, mom and brother to all convince me that I'm not an idiot and can still hang with the smarties) Yeah, I sometimes cry over grades. Get over it

Can they make dumbed (I know that's not a word) down versions of these classes for non-genius, non-doctors like me? That would be much appreciated so I don't have to feel like the dumbest of the smart kids on a regular basis these days :)

I may or may not have had to tell myself this after my first round of tests this semester

 “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment