Cheyenne and Chris

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Merry Christmas to ME

So I got 2 early Christmas gifts. Want to know what they are? As if you can't already see the pictures....

An iphone! Welcome to the current century, Cheyenne. I've never, ever had a cool phone. So when my circa 2005 lime green LG phone decided that it just wasn't necessary to hold a charge anymore, or that it was perfectly fine to turn itself off randomly in the middle of a phone call... it was time for a change. And, let's be honest, if I'm going to get a new phone then why not get hooked up good? And I did. After being excessively annoying adamant about going in to the AT&T store, I finally got a white iphone! And, not to be lame, but seriously it's amazing. Like, how did I live this long without a phone that had picture mail? Or internet? or a GPS? (not.even. picture mail. That's how old school my phone was, people)
Anyway, long story short. It's glorious.


Are you dying to know my second early Christmas gift? I bet you are. 


I finally got a sewing machine! Just call me Suzie Homemaker. My dear, sweet mother of mine was probably slightly ashamed that she (as an incredible sewer/quilter) had a daughter who knew nothing of sewing. So, after a few lessons she bought me my very own Bernina sewing machine! We spent the weekend of Thanksgiving spending way too much time and money at the fabric store just "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" at all the amazing fabrics and, of course, we bought a TON of various fabrics for my first sewing project! My mom helped me make the single cutest pillow cases (pictures to come) and I realized how much I really love sewing. My mom is ridiculously talented with sewing and quilting so hopefully now I can finally follow in her footsteps. (ps just a side note, if anyone needs a quilt machine-quilted, she's the lady to call. She does it as a small business from home but, seriously people, she's incredible)

Merry Christmas to MEEEEEEEE
Bring on the projects!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm jealous! Not only are you ridiculously pretty but you get to have nice things. Life just isn't fair. haha.
    No but really, I feel like I couldn've written this post myself. I have a gheeeetto phone that doesn't do anything fancy and I don't really mind. BUT I want my next phone to an awesome iphone. and the sewing machine is a great gift. Doesn't pinterest just make you wish that you knew how to work a sewing machine? Good luck learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are copying me. And I love it :) I got one toooo! Too bad I can't bring it to Texas so we can sew together. What is your new project and why are there no pictures of it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are copying...haha white iPhone and sewing machine! :) YOU TWO ARE TWINS! I want to copy and get those too, but I am afraid that is far in the distance. I can't wait to see how crafty you get with that machine, Chey! And I also can't wait to see you guys again in like a week!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete