-TUMS become their own food group in your daily diet
-Every decision is based on "do I have to put on pants for that?" If it does, the answer is an easy NO.
-Sleeping without waking up every hour on the hour to go to the bathroom is nothing but a distant memory
-Looking for your ankle bone is like finding where's waldo. You know it HAS to be there somewhere but it's very tricky to find and you can pretty much only find it at just the right time of day and at the right angle. Otherwise, all you see are elephant feet and ankles. Let's talk about how attractive THAT is.....
-You spend more time in the bathroom than any other room. You plan your day around when you can take a bathroom break. When you go out, instead of finding the closest exit you search for the closest restroom
-You get what I call the "sympathy glances" from other women who are basically saying "ohhh you poor whale-beast" with only their eyes.
-When you drop something on the ground you have to really think if it's important enough to awkwardly bend down to pick it up ..... Or, if you are me, you just become very dextrous with your toes.
-If it was socially acceptable, you would fore go any and all clothes because everything is just downright uncomfortable. You tend to dress in
-Maybe you have a mini meltdown when you pour yourself some cereal and then realize there is no milk to accompany.... Chris loves to tell that story but really OH MY GOSH IT WAS ONE TIME!!!! (Mean Girls quote anyone?)
-People just LOVE to tell you how big you are and how there is just "no way you will make it until June". I especially love when women who have never even had kids like to give me their opinion on my pregnancy like "Oh she is ready to come out! She's definitely done cooking". I really just want to respond by saying "oh really? Can you see her? Did you talk to her? Is that what she told you?"
-Sitting for long periods of time becomes it's own type of torture
-You become strangely open about new, weird body functions/issues which brings me to my next point:
-You would be kind of embarrassed if anyone saw your past google searches that pretty much all begin with "Is ___________________ normal during pregnancy" (thankfully, it all was :) )
There are SO many other slight inconveniences of being 8.5 months pregnant, but I'll just keep those to myself... for everyone's sake :) Despite everything, I have really been blessed with an amazing pregnancy and I am grateful every single day that I am blessed to have this experience to carry our baby girl in my belly. My absolute favorite part of being pregnant is feeling her move around. Our bodies are so incredible and even though I don't necessarily love ALL of the changes that pregnancy brings along (still not entirely sure why we have to gain weight in our arms, legs, butt, boobs and everywhere else) , it's such a testament that God made our bodies to do this and I am thankful every single day. I am so excited to meet this sweet little lady and for her to make her appearance any time!
Cannot wait to see that little one!! I love her so much already! You're soooo close! Promise, you're not a whale, but praying her cheeks are nice and plump! LOVE YOU LITTLE LADY!
ReplyDeleteAwww I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteThat was hilarious hahaha I love you. And your soon to be wide set.... va...
ReplyDeleteLove love